2006-07-20

End of the Rainy Season

Today is officially the last day of the rainy season... I wonder if the clouds know about that too.

On Tuesday (in Japanese class) we learned how to count objects in Japanese. There are 16 different ways which are partly quite irregular. It depends if the objects are flat, or long, or small, or just things, or humans, or small animals, or machines,... I think the Japanese are a bit crazy. When I confronted my colleagues with that they told me they think it's strange that we attach genders to every noun in German. But what's wrong about that? Isn't it obvious that fork is female, spoon is male, and knife is a "it"?

Anyway, as usual I'm a bit too lazy to write much... and I got lots of work I should be doing. So I'll be posting pictures instead. (BTW, work is great, I'm finally finishing something I've wanted to finish ever since I've worked in Barcelona in 2003)

The first pictures were taken in Vienna during my vacation. I had a great time visiting family, friends, and Gwen. There is also a picture of the Austrian invention of "Schokobananen auf dem Grill". (I believe it was a certain vegetarian Dipl.Ing. Martin T. who invented it a few years ago.) Finally, there are some pictures of the capoeira workshop in Yokohama last weekend. I was given a yellow belt! (cordao amarillo) I was allowed to skip yellow-white :-) I think basically that means in a jogo with me you can use vingativas and rasteiras any time you want :-)
BTW, I finished reading a book which I can recommend about globalization (and mainly IMF failures) written by Stiglitz (Amazon).





The following picture was taken on one of Europe's most famous shopping streets (Fussgaengerzone Favoriten)...



This is the legendary Austrian invention. It is very oischiiii! (The brown pieces are chocolate.)





No comments: