2006-10-29

Random Pictures

I recently tried out Karate. Some of the Katas they showed us didn’t seem to have many fighting elements; instead they were all about balance, precision, and focus of energy. I really like it and I think I’ll start taking Karate lessons :-)



This picture shows the entrance to my cubicle. On the left side is Masataka’s cubicle, on the right side is mine.



This picture was taken at Akihabara station (in Tokyo). Somehow I find those ticket machines fascinating. (Especially when there are crowds of people and there is always some beeping going on.)



Here is a sketch I made thinking about a metaphor I could use in my invited talk in Osaka... at the end I decided not to. The idea was that there is lots of music out there, but we can only access a small part easily (the pieces which are hanging very low). Even if we had a ladder (like the Internet) to reach all of the music, it would still be difficult to make choices. In addition I wanted to add many more "music trees" to create a forest of music. If every tree could fit 1000 pieces I would have needed a forest with many thousands of trees (only to reflect the more than 3.5 million pieces available on iTunes) :-)

No comments: