I finally finished the video for the MusicRainbow demo. It's only 3'20'' long but it took almost 5 years to make it (including at least 7 years waiting for the program to encode the different video formats). At least I learned a lot about codecs and which ones are not suitable for this kind of video. I'll post it to Information Aesthetics as suggested by Paul (thanks for the suggestion!) :-)
I built the interface with Processing. It's a wonderful tool to quickly develop ideas and one of the many great suggestions Masataka has given me in the last 7 months. Currently I'm working on another user interface using Processing... which I think will be much better, because it takes user preferences into account such as "I like this artist" and allows exploration within different dimensions... and first results seem great too :-)
BTW, Masataka is a master in creating demonstration videos. You might be interested in some of them. For example, in one of his demonstration videos he shows how we will scan through songs in the future (SmartMusicKIOSK). Another futuristic tool with nice videos is Musicream which can be used to generate playlists and explore music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment