Anyway, what I wanted to say is that the Japanese traffic lights are red, yellow (or orange), and blue. This "blue" is very similar to the color of grass or leaves, but it's not green... it's blue. I'd say it's green, just like everywhere else in the world... but every Japanese I've asked so far told me it's blue.
Here are some pictures... the first one is the smallest capoeirista in uniform I've ever seen :-) He's the son of our trainer. BTW, how do you get small kids to look into the camera when you take a picture?? (Picture was taken on Saturday.)

Today (Sunday) we had a Capoeira workshop in Tokyo. It was great. Lot's of people... lot's of capoeiristas to play with. Here are two pictures of us in the train to Tokyo.


A picture of us warming up before the workshop...

And here is a picture after we succeeded with our Japanese culture experiment. What we did is leave a backpack (the one in the picture) with a video camera, car keys, etc. in the Yamanote line (the one that circles Tokyo). An hour later (we asked the train officers when the train would come around again) we checked to see if the bag was still there... and it was! Try that in any other city of a similar size anywhere in Europe, South or North America! ;-)
In London I'm sure they destroy it without checking it's contents (I think they call that procedure "terrorism"). In Barcelona the bag would probably disappear before we'd get a chance to start the experiment...

And one last word about cleanliness... because I just cant believe it. Smokers sometimes carry their own ashtray with them. Even in Tokyo!!!! (So they don't ash on the roads!!!!)


No comments:
Post a Comment