2006-12-04

Almost There!

In 2 weeks I'll be back home. I'm looking forward to see everyone! :-)
I'll be in Vienna until the 29th or so (and then go to Rome).

I hope I'll get all of my 20 plastic bag stamps before that. I only need 3 more! Every time I go food shopping to Kasumi I ask them not to flood me with plastic bags. Every time I do so, they stamp my card. Once I've collected 20 of those stamps they'll donate 100 Yen (that's about 75 cents) to the WWF. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, check out the post by the Sockenpabst (in German). Here are two pictures of my almost full stamp collection :-)
(The card has the size of a credit card.)



And here is the back side:



Here is a picture of another stamp collection from the same food store. I have no idea what it's good for, but I threw the same card away once, and got a new one the next time, so now I'm holding on to it (just so that they don't give me a new one).



I'm realizing now how many of those cards I have :-)
Here is a different one from the restaurant on the AIST site. We usually go to the cheaper cafeteria for lunch, but every time we go to the restaurant we get a stamp. I think once we collected 30 of them we get a free meal. Last time we went the lady was so nice to give me 5 stamps at once. She probably figured I wouldn't manage to collect all 30 in the time I'd be here anyway :-)



Btw, the title of the card is one of the few things I can read :-)
It says: "Restaurant, Point Card".

While I'm uploading pictures... here are two more. I think autumn is the most beautiful season in Japan. The red and yellow colors everywhere are much more intense than the pale white and pink cherry blossoms. (Both pictures taken within AIST.)



No comments: