2006-12-04

Reasons to Celebrate Calendar

In German there is a saying that you have to celebrate when it happens. ("Man soll die Feste feiern wie sie fallen.") For example, you should celebrate your birthday on the day it is, and not a week later! (Buxi!)

Anyway, parties are great, and the fact that we only have one birthday a year shouldn't limit the number of parties we celebrate. So what I am looking for is some web service where I can enter a date and get a list of good reasons to celebrate. For example, someone special was born, or something wonderful happened, the more reasons the better. (And of course it should have some smart filtering system to remove stuff I'm not interested in.)

Furthermore, I would like to be able to personalize the "reasons to party" calendar with personal events in my life. Some of these I might even be willing to make publicly available (such as the first time in my life a teacher locked me out of a classroom).

If anyone knows of such a service, please let me know! Maybe it would be possible to adapt the Wikipedia "what happened today" service somehow?

No comments: