It's been exactly one year now since my arrival. I remember that the first thing I did after my arrival was to start working on a paper for a conference. Right now I'm working on a paper for the exactly same conference. Some things never change :-)
It's been an amazing year. I've learned a lot about Japan, its people and culture, and of course lots of stuff related to work. I even learned a few words of Japanese. It has been a great experience. Of course there is still plenty left to discover and learn, but in 3 weeks I'm flying back to Europe.
When I first visited Japan (in 2002) I was very fascinated but I felt that it isn't a place I would want to live forever. I still feel the same way. I'll always be happy to come back, but it's not my world.
Anyway, there is still a lot I want to see, so I'm going on vacation tomorrow. I'll be gone for a week. I'm joining my parents and youngest sister :-)
2007-03-31
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment