I bet you wouldn't have guessed that I'd end up tutoring German? I'm sure my German teacher in high school never would have :-) However, my karate trainer thought it's something I could do, so I ended up doing it.
Today was my first time, and I really enjoyed it. She's an amazing high school student who decided to teach herself German. She started about 2 months ago. Her parents are extremely friendly people. They had me over for lunch and tea, which was great.
Hey, did you know that in the Japanese version of Pokemon on Nintendo DS there is one character that has a German translation? (But it's one of the weakest, some kind of fish.) I also got to learn a lot about (and hear a lot of) the German music group Dschinghis Khan. Did you know they will be touring Japan in September?
It seems their most famous song is Moskau. Check out this Google Video. BTW, the girls favorite song is Machu Picchu.
If you can recommend any German songs that she might like and that could help her learn German please let me know!
2007-03-24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment