2006-05-22

Cooking Class

At Ninomiya house they organize various events for us. One of them is a cooking class. Tonight they showed us how to cook some South Korean dishes. I can't tell the differences between Korean and Japanese food but I was told that there are lots of them. Anyway, some (or almost all?) of the ingredients they used can easily be found in supermarkets here... and some of them I had previously already considered to buy but decided not to because I had no idea which parts of them are digestible. Now I know :-)

And another interesting part of the evening was ending up sitting on the table with only women who are here because their husbands are researchers. Some of them are English teachers... all of them are very busy with various classes (Japanese language, culture, ...) some of them are pregnant (or already have some kids) and all of them really like it here and all of them are very friendly. But I couldn't help feeling really odd sitting at that table :-)

(Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, but I think they might put some on the Ninomiya house web page...)

No comments: