2006-05-15

International Exchange Fair

Last weekend the annual international festival took place in Tsukuba. Foreigners living in Tsukuba presented their cultures mainly through art performances and local dishes. The capoeira club I've joined gave a 30 minute performance on Sunday. It was the first capoeira performance I ever participated in and it was lots of fun :-)
BTW, I got my first capoeira belt on Saturday! I guess now I'm a real capoerista? ;-)

Here is a picture of the stage:



Most of the capoeiristas on the pictures are from ABADA Ibaraki. Some are from ABADA in Tokyo. Unfortunately, the red carpet was a bit wet and slippery from the rain on Saturday... which made it a extra challenging :-)
Actually we were very lucky with the weather. It was raining a lot last week and only stopped Saturday night. Too bad I don't have any pictures from Neguinho (our trainer) flying around. It was amazing!!

Here is a picture of the audience (taken after the performance):



And a picture of the group after the performance:



And a picture after the all-you-can-eat dinner. I don't think they made a good deal with us. Some of us hadn't had breakfast nor lunch that day! :-)

No comments: